Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Let The Good Times Roll

I had the pleasure to present my "Making Math Magical" session to a packed room of teachers at the North Central Teacher's Convention last week.  After the presentation many people asked for copies of my "Roll A Santa/Snowman/Rabbit/Pirate" dice games.  I will figure out a way to get those out but for now here is a photo of the games.  Feel free to trace or redraw for yourselves!
These simple games are excellent since they allow students to develop their subitzing skills in a fun and interactive way.  I cut out the little pieces for the children to add to the central figure.  If you don't have the time or energy at the end of a long day, consider having the children draw in the items after a successful roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment